Dear Brothers and Sisters, The Sound of "Alleluia" resounds throughout the Church this Holy and blessed day....
The Shrine dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus was planned and built in the year 1848 as part of the great Christian tradition founded on Indian soil by none other than our dear patron Saint, the illustrious St. Thomas. Over the years, the Shrine has inspired the fire of devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and thousands of pilgrims and devotees, both the locals and visitors from various parts of India and the world, visit the Shrine and obtain blessings and favors from the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
This undying devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus has inspired us with the desire to construct and consecrate a beautiful Shrine that will fulfill the devotional aspirations of the faithful. That desire has been fulfilled two years back by completing the construction of the New Church. The new Church is enabling the pilgrims to participate simultaneously in the Eucharistic celebrations, prayer and festivities. It has been planned with a practical thrust – to ease car parking problems for pilgrims so that they might focus on their devotions without distractions. We envision the creation of a religious landmark that will become a renowned destination for pilgrims not just from India but from the world over.
Most Rev. George Antonysamy Archbishop of Madras – Mylapore
Rector & Parish Priest